Sunday 31 December 2017

Blueberry Pie......

Seems I may have confused a few of you when I was talking about baking Blueberry Pie..........sorry............
Started way back here and worked on it again in the next month here................
the bottom row of pies were ready for the oven just not baked........
Had I not had the neighbours over swimming, drinking and eating this may have been finished last night........
I had to remember how to make these suckers..........I needed another 12 of them..........
Thank god I had these pics in an old post...........god saver as I forgot how to make them and I had remembered I may have used some special rulers.........OMG where are they...........anyway found the rulers and made the blocks.........
This is where I was up to this morning............
TA DA................
Pattern Butterscotch Pie hence my name Blueberry Pie
My love of blue and the blue in the pies..........
Designer Margot Languedoc Canada
I could not find it on her website. 
Started Nundle Retreat 2007................ouch that long ago.......scared myself with that detail............various fabrics.......
70x85 inchs
Used paisleys in the centres of the pies.......nice rich colours but a bit lighter then in this pic.............
Image result for tri rec tools
Used the Tri Rec Tools to make the point blocks...............

OK so how is the list going?????
  1. Ruby Red Lips
  2. Churn Dash
  3. Pretty in pinks/pastals now name Friendship Kisses
  4. Blueberry Pie
  5. A New Quilt (FG)
  6. A New Quilt (Pretties)
  7. Another one in a plastic box I can't remember the name
  8. Nine Patch
Now you all want to know whats in the mystery box no 7 so thats whats up next...........after a 10 min nanna nap............
Catch you later......
Chookyblue.....

20 comments:

Janice said...

My goodness. There is no stopping you! Another fantastic finish. Lots of quilting and binding ahead of you.

julieQ said...

Chook! That is awesome! I love the circular motion you created...wonderful!

Jeanette said...

Awesome. The quilt is beautiful. My plans to sew are kaput again as a migraine hit me last night. Crossing fingers i can start 2018 with some sewing. Hugs, xx

Sharm said...

Great work getting that one completed! I must find out some info about the Nundle retreat ..........

Susan said...

Doing so well - bit like a mini retreat!Don't worry about 2009 - I have a Baltimore I started in 1990...:-(...don't think I will ever get back to it...

Anonymous said...

lol thats so funny i thought you were baking pies,lol,wow you are doing so well my friend,go girl xx

kiwikid said...

You so are on a roll Chooky!! Love the Pie quilt, keen to see No 7 be rolled out.

jude's page said...

Well done, you must be feeling so good, I did suspect that it was not a pie to eat!! A great finish to 2017.

Sandi said...

Both eating pies and stitching pies would have done - looks great..on a roll..you go girl..xx

Nemo said...

Nice! Well done!!! (Please don't challenge me to do the same.. I'm a bit scared of what might be lurking in the shadows of my sewing nook...)

Sandi said...

Hi Chooky, just letting you know that my new blog is up and running (fingers crossed) here is the new addy - https://happyforevermoore.blogspot.com.au/
I hope the link works for you..

Nรคh Yoga said...

Wow, your Blueberry Pie looks great ๐Ÿ˜ Very nice pattern. I Think, i have to ask google ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maria said...

Blueberrry Pie looks fantastic...
I need some of what you are taking to get sew motivated...LOL

Fiona said...

I love it....
Hugz

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That’s pretty cool! Love it!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful! Scares me just gazing upon it lol!

Jenny said...

That is one very nice quilt.

Rose Marie said...

Yumm ..... love this one!

Susie said...

Fabulous effort - well done. Looks great.

Bethan said...

You're on a sewing roll! Such a fun name too x