Thursday 28 December 2017

When push comes to shove.....

When push comes to shove maybe I should say gentle encouragement...........no actually she was talking whip cracking to keep me on task so lets leave it is was..........

I was laying on the lounge in the Chookshed looking at the design wall with bits  of a quilt on it................I text Kris @ Tag Along Teddies about a parcel.............the long and the short of it is she got my A%$#$#SE moving and I got motivated to sew..............I kept sending her photos of my progress to remain accountable........

The fabrics are from Washington Depot by Denyse Schmidt and I got mine at The Next Stitch ..............I used the Moda Love pattern that I have made previously and I love it as a quick effective design...........I didn't quite have the right size blocks as I wasn't using a layer cake so I cut everything 1/2inch smaller.............I think it will measure about 68x68in now.
So here is Christmas Star as named by Kris............
this is my second quilt using grey and surprise surprise I am really happy with the quilt........
So after all that sewing I was very motivated and pulled out Framed (my first grey quilt)..........I started this one back in June? God knows why I never got back to it..............Fairy Girl packed it up from the design wall when we were cleaning up the chookshed..............loving how this is coming together too and I'm running out to the Chookshed to get a little done before I head to work.............
Not sure whats wrong......boxing day my machines even did something unheard of.......never knew it was possible.......I actually mended 3 items.......inbetween my 4 nanna naps..........
Catch you later.....
Chookyblue.....
PS after a 1000 texts back and forwards thanks heaps Kris but how is the pattern writing going?????

21 comments:

gracie said...

I love the grey of the quilts....both of them. Job well done.

Janice said...

My goodness! You have been productive. My Boxing Day consisted of lying on the couch watching the cricket and dozing. You did much better. I love your Christmas Star quilt. Maximum effect for minimum effort. Just how it should be. I'm glad you have Framed out again. It will be great when finished.

Jeanette said...

Love your star quilt. Just gorgeous. My boxing day was supposed to be a sewing day but i ended up in bed on Christmas day with a migraine & that is where i stayed for 3 days. I had to get up yesterday because of unexpected guests. Hugs,xx

Helen said...

Christmas Star looks wonderful, love the colours. Framed is already looking great.

Nemo said...

Gorgeous quilts, both the star and the framed. I've done absolutely no sewing for the past few weeks - only knitting.. :( I'll hopefully be at home in a couple of days, and will get 2017's last project finished (I think..)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Nice quilt design and fabrics--way to go--doesn't it always feel 'good' when you get back to quilting after not being able to do it for awhile???
enjoy the moments,di

Gail said...

Christmas star is lovely! I have mending to do as well-don't think the Bernina has ever seen that! Keep on stitching!

Ondrea said...

What gorgeous quilts! A very productive time.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Beautiful as always. Love what you did.

Sharm said...

Wonderful to have a friend that helps to motivate - and what a wonderful creation!

Leratdesfils said...

Great work 👍
Bravo !

Fee said...

Great finishes. Sometimes we all need a kick up the .......

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

WOO! HOO! Good job! Glad to help you find your mojo ... & return a bit of the whip cracking you've done for me over the years of SSCS & stitch-alongs. :0) Isn't it funny how just a bit of encouragement from friends can get us off the couch. :0) Instructions are written, just have to put templates through editing process now, which is the time consuming bit ...but plugging away at it so you don't return the whip cracking. Tee! Hee! Hee! Bear Hugs! KRIS xx

Maria said...

Sew good to have a friend to crack the whip and get you motivated.. Great finish...

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Peer pressure is pretty helpful--haha! Your sewing looks great--sorry to hear you had to do some mending though (not my favorite thing)!

kiwikid said...

You are on fire!! Wonderful to be so productive and to have a motivational friend. Beautiful quilts. Mending?????

Fiona said...

well done you.. it's gorgeous...
Hugz

Jindi's Cottage said...

Love your Christmas Star - never been a big fan of grey but it is perfect in that combo.

Jenny said...

Great work the quilts are lovely now to get them on that quilting machine ?

Anita said...

You're on a roll! I'm.ove that pattern. I have been having a clean out.....too many projects...will never get to them all lol

luv 2 cre8 said...

Both quilts are lovely. Especially like the grey it sets off the colours nicely.